- Summary: In Monster Hunter: World you assume the role of a hunter venturing to a new continent where you track down and slay ferocious beasts in heart-pounding battles. This new land and its diverse inhabitants play a critical role in each quest as you strategically use the surrounding environmentIn Monster Hunter: World you assume the role of a hunter venturing to a new continent where you track down and slay ferocious beasts in heart-pounding battles. This new land and its diverse inhabitants play a critical role in each quest as you strategically use the surrounding environment including terrain, vegetation and wildlife to your advantage in battle or become hindered by the hazards they present. As a hunter, you must use your cunning and expertise to track and maneuver your targets throughout the intense, evolving battles. [Capcom]… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Monster Hunter World - PC Max Settings Rathian Hunt
Positive: 33 out of 33
Mixed: 0 out of 33
Negative: 0 out of 33
Aug 8, 2018Capcom perfected the combat formula over countless releases, but it wasn’t until Monster Hunter: World that they stripped away what ultimately was never much fun to begin with. You spend less time spent preparing, and more time actually fighting. And sales figures suggest, as we all expected, that Capcom really had something special sitting under all that bloat.
Aug 20, 2018An amazing confluence of level and monster design, combat and gameplay systems, Monster Hunter: World is undoubtedly best Monster Hunter game. After spending well over a hundred hours outside the campaign, I think my original review score was actually a little low. As a game, Monster Hunter: World is still incredible, but the PC release can only be considered definitive for a relatively small number of power users with top-shelf GPUs and zippy processors. While everyone with a recent PC and decent graphics card can make the game work, for many players the best experience may still be on console.
Aug 27, 2018When it comes to Monster Hunter, the level of depth in the game leaves a lot to talk about, and I don’t think it’s possible to capture everything in this review. I personally think this entry in the series is a fantastic addition, both for returning fans and new players like myself. The game is a tremendous amount of fun, balancing challenge and reward perfectly in a way that made me want to keep on hunting for hours on end. The PC port itself has some technical issues which detract from the overall experience, but the quality of the game underneath more than makes up for it.
Sep 4, 2018Arriving eight months late on PC, everything that can be said about Monster Hunter World already has done. Rest assured though, the wait was indeed worth it. Anyone looking for a deep action game they can potentially invest hundreds of hours into need look no further. This is Monster Hunter, back and better than it's ever been before.
Sep 17, 2018Monster Hunter: World still has all the complexity expected from this series, but it dishes it out in much more palatable chunks than usual. It's still got a frightening amount of depth, but it feels manageable in a way that few in the series have pulled off before. Players may still feel a little lost from time to time, but a little guidance from series vets or other friends can drastically reduce the growing pains new players will likely experience. On top of all that, this is one of the best-feeling titles the series has had to date; so saddle up with some friends, and explore all the New World has to offer.
Aug 22, 2018It's not the worst console port I have seen, but it surely isn't the best one. The only real flaw of the PC version of Monster Hunter World is the buggy multiplayer mode. Everything else works just fine and deserves some attention - after all, this is one of the most captivating adventures in the virtual world ever.
Aug 9, 2018This beautifully implemented port is a perfect PC introduction to the joys of Monster Hunter !
My Gametime will reach 24h for every day !!!This beautifully implemented port is a perfect PC introduction to the joys of Monster Hunter !
My Gametime will reach 24h for every day !!! Lets Hunt !!!… Expand
Aug 23, 2018To all the ppl who complain about the game
1st stop using your old pentium 4 pc and expeckt the game to run for you its a new game and i runTo all the ppl who complain about the game
1st stop using your old pentium 4 pc and expeckt the game to run for you its a new game and i run it with an i5 7600 and a gpu gtx 1050ti w/o any problems on max setings with 55 to 60 fps
the only downside to this game is that is using steam platform, face it noobs the game is gr8 steam makes all the bugs for us and the lags and dcs… Expand
Aug 30, 2018Well I am surprised to see the number of negative reviews here. I have sunk 140 hrs into the game. Finished the main story line and did someWell I am surprised to see the number of negative reviews here. I have sunk 140 hrs into the game. Finished the main story line and did some grinding afterwards. There were some network issues that needed sorting in the beginning but for the most part the game is stable now.
- Graphics are good - but you do need good hardware. I run Intel I-7, 16 GIG RAM and 1070 ti with everything max settings no issue. (No 4K monitor though...).
- All keys are customisable and i recommend you spend some time fixing some of the painful mapping that people frequently speak about. XBOX controller worked without any tweaking required. Plug it into the PC and it works.
- I can make some recommendations as well:
----- the top tier drops are out of reach for 99% of players with exceedingly low drop rates
----- annoying game design, its awesome in the beginning to traverse the levels in the home base and go back and forth to your room which quickly gets old. I wish i could just do everything from my storage chest. (Forging, changing cat gear, collecting harvests, tail-raiders etc.
----- There are a lot of features like how to manage your quick bar, which aren't immediately obvious. Spend some time on YouTube for the hints.
----- Move set combos missing from the hunters notes or tutorials. Again thanks to all the YouTube content creators out there.
Still good value for money and a really well put together game.… Expand
Aug 10, 2018There is NOTHING about this game that is good enough to warrant a 9/10 rating. In the history of gaming, there's never been a port fromThere is NOTHING about this game that is good enough to warrant a 9/10 rating. In the history of gaming, there's never been a port from console to PC that was any good. And sadly, I was right about this game as well.
What all the game play videos do NOT show people is the worst parts of the game.
So to keep it simple here's a list:
1. Camera system is terrible, you can tell it was a direct port from console and designed to work with gamepads and not PC mice.
2. The Combat system is slow and clunky at best.
3. Anyone using an pre-Haswell CPU is struggling with FPS stability (I do not have this problem i7-5930K) (Yes they are trying to figure out how to fix this issue)
4. The Game world is setup like SkyForge (Central Hub *by yourself* where you prepare to enter an instanced zone either by yourself or while having someone connect to your session or vice versa otherwise it's a single player game, with a poorly implemented coop/multiplayer mode: It felt like an afterthought at best))
5. Multiplayer is terrible at best, You would think after 8 months on Xbone, and PS4 they might have an idea of what network infrastructure would work? (Constant disconnects between player sessions) If I didn't know any better I'd say they were using Peer-Peer server hosting, because I can't believe a normal Network Infrastructure is this unstable and bad. Disconnects and error codes are common, and being forced into offline mode are expected. (No it's not my connection either, I have a 500Mb/sec / 50Mb/sec connection, and I ping 15-100ms or less everywhere in the U.S.
6. Character animations are poor at best, you cannot move while attacking at the same time. In other words for those of us who played a real Action Combat MMO: The character position is locked while attacking, so no you cannot circle strafe around a target.
7. If you were expecting this game to be an Action Combat System it's not. Not when you throw a game like Tera into the mix as a comparison.
Now there are only 2 things positive I can say about this game:
1. The Graphics
2. They do in fact have a mouse Y Axis invert option.
Beyond that, I can't say anything else good about it. The idea is sound, but the control mechanics, character animations, and clunky combat system makes it eye bleeding to deal with.
Worst $60 I spent so far on a game. (next to X-Universe that is but hey at least the camera system worked in that game.)… Expand
Aug 13, 2018The game is good when you can get into a session with friends AND stay there. Too bad that doesn't happen. the lobby system is atrocious.The game is good when you can get into a session with friends AND stay there. Too bad that doesn't happen. the lobby system is atrocious. Through years of online play I thought we pretty much perfected a lobby and play-with-friend system, however this game has proven me wrong. As it stands right now, Monster Hunter World is a solo experience where I didn't pay for a solo game. I'm not sure that the professional reviews done on this game reflect just how bad it is to get multiplayer to work and people are having other issues with the game as well. Right now if I had to give my opinion on whether to pass or not on it I would say pass until they fix or it drops to 50% off or something like that.… Expand
Sep 16, 2018PC Port is very bad, the camera without using mouse is a pian in the ass , the idea and concept of the game is good but only if you play itPC Port is very bad, the camera without using mouse is a pian in the ass , the idea and concept of the game is good but only if you play it with a joypad.… Expand
Aug 12, 2018This port is terrible. Controller issues, network issues, poorly optimized, and it doesn't even play well with SLi so I can't even brute forceThis port is terrible. Controller issues, network issues, poorly optimized, and it doesn't even play well with SLi so I can't even brute force the game to an acceptable framerate.
Thank you Steam refunds.… Expand
- (0 views)